Read-only File system error - Learn Bash by Building a Boilerplate - Build a Boilerplate

Tell us what’s happening:
I stepped away from my training session to do some other tasks and it when I returned, the session appears to still be active, but whenever I attempt to create a new file it responds with an error that the file system is set to read-only.

Your code so far

codeally@c52b8fca940f:~/project/website$ mkdir images
bash: /home/codeally/project/freeCodeCamp/test/.next_command: Read-only file system
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘images’: Read-only file system
bash: /home/codeally/project/freeCodeCamp/test/.next_command: Read-only file system
bash: /home/codeally/project/freeCodeCamp/test/.cwd: Read-only file system

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:104.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/104.0

Challenge: Learn Bash by Building a Boilerplate - Build a Boilerplate

Link to the challenge:

1 Like

Updated the title to be more specific. I keep running into errors of different kinds, so to better track them on the forum, I will make separate threads for each issue.

A similar issue was reported in the original support thread, however it doesn’t appear that it was officially resolved in any real way. The OP’s resolution explanation doesn’t make sense from a technical perspective since the user was connected to a remote VM session.

There should be a better explanation for why this is occurring and what the proper resolution steps are.

For me, although I don’t consider it a resolution since it has happened more than once, the problem seems to be temporarily resolved the next day.

How did you solve this problem? I also encountered the same problem

Having the same issue.

I have the same issue the the BASH scripting section

Hey! this beta version is loosing its behavior again and again, It did not marked the tutorial as complete after completion as well.