Remove a Package from Your Dependencies Bug

Hello.

I already have 2 FCC certificates and this is the 1-st time I contact you.

I didn’t ask this question on the forum, because it looks like a bug for me.

In the easiest challenge “APIs and Microservices” - “Managing Packages with Npm - Remove a Package from Your Dependencies” - I don’t pass the validation.
The error message ““dependencies” should not include “moment”” and in the bottom field “dependencies” should not include “moment” is checked! So, this means I passed the test…

This is the easiest challenge and to remove “moment” I just have to delete it. I think it’s a bug.

Could you please help me.

Thank you very much in advance.

Elena

Hello again.

This is my solution. Just in case.

{

"name": "fcc-learn-npm-package-json",
  "author": "elenae",
  "description": "Elena's awesome project",
  "license": "MIT",
  "version": "2.10.2",
  "keywords": [ "elena", "dev", "freecodecamp" ],
	"dependencies": {
    "package-name": "version"
	},
	"main": "server.js",
	"scripts": {
		"start": "node server.js"
	},
	"engines": {
		"node": "8.11.2"
	},
	"repository": {
		"type": "git",
		"url": "https://idontknow/todo.git"
	}

}

I tried a lot of things, including deleting “dependecies” field completely. Nothing helps.

The challenge is here https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/apis-and-microservices/managing-packages-with-npm/remove-a-package-from-your-dependencies

Could you please help me.

My aim is to obtain Full Stack Certificate. And I’m blocked if I don’t pass this challenge.

Please help me. I’m waiting for your answer.

Thank you very much in advance.

Elena

Hello Elena,

This is part of the forum. Nothing to worry about, though.

Are you completing this challenge through GitHub, or Glitch?

You are not blocked from achieving the Full Stack Certification, if you do not complete this challenge. The only requirement to get the certificates is for you to complete the Certification Projects. Just move on to the next challenge.

“dependencies”: {
“package-name”: “version”
},

This is not what is expected. You should have added multiple packages to your dependencies, and then removed only the moment package.

I suggest you go over most of the challenges again.

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

Note: Backticks are not single quotes.

markdown_Forums

Thank you very much for your kind answer, Sky020.

I will give up in this case and just move on to the next challenge.

I see that I have to use backticks to post on the forum. I will do.

Thank you.
Elena

1 Like