Reset curriculum progress but my old code still there

Reset curriculum progress but my old code still there
0.0 0

I reset my progress. I am going though the curriculum from the beginning, however, my old code solutions are still there. I have to click “reset all code” to work through the lesson. Is this working as designed? I expected the code I wrote in each lesson previously to be gone.

There are two different types of saved progress for Free Code Camp: your profile and your browser cache.

Your completed challenges are all saved to your account in the FCC database. You can see the list of completed challenges and also the last submitted solutions by looking at your profile page.

Your editor contents are saved in your browser’s local storage. In-progress code is also saved in your local browser cache. This is how any previous completed or in-progress solutions appear in the editor of a challenge. You can choose to selectively remove these by clearing the Local Storage in your browser. Especially as you get to more complicated challenges that may take multiple sessions, I strongly recommend saving your in-progress work outside of the browser cache. This is a good opportunity to learn the ins and outs of your GitHub account, but you can also just save locally or use a service like repl.it which allows for versioning.

You are right about the local browser cache. I was doing the first HTML challenges yesterday while not signed in to an account. Today I signed in and did the same challenges. My code from yesterday was there. No more of my code was present once I went past the challenges I completed yesterday. Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to my question!