Responsive Web Design Basic HTML and HTML5

I’m stuck in the 5th exercise: "your a element should be nested within your new p element ", i’ve tried in many ways but doesn’t work.

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>
<main>
<a href="https://www.freecatphotoapp.com" target="_blank">cat photos</a>
 <p>Meowwww loved it, hated it, loved it, hated it yet spill litter box, scratch at owner, destroy all furniture, especially couch or lay on arms while you're using the keyboard. Missing until dinner time toy mouse squeak roll over. With tail in the air lounge in doorway. Man running from cops stops to pet cats, goes to jail.</p> 
<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
 <p>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>
</main>

**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 6.0.1; P01T_1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.181 Safari/537.36 (Ecosia android@88.0.4324.181)

Challenge: Nest an Anchor Element within a Paragraph

Link to the challenge:

it is not nested in a p element

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

I’ve also nested in a p element as:

<p>meowww loved it, hated it, loved it, hated it yet spill litter box, scratch  at owner, destroy  all furniture, especially  couch or lay  on arms  while  you're  using  the  keyboard. Missing  until  dinner  time  toy  mouse  squeak  roll over. With tail  in the air  lounge  in doorway. Man running  from cops  stops  to pet cats, goes  to jail.<a href="https://www.freecatphotoapp.com" target="_blank">cat photos</a></p>

it doesn’t work

reset your code and try to follow the instructions exactly:

Nest the existing a element within a new p element. The new paragraph should have text that says View more cat photos , where cat photos is a link, and the rest is plain text.

Reset your code, find the existing anchor element, create a new p element around that anchor element, and use the required text in it

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

Thanks: this is the 6th exercise which i’ve done it correctly, but when i put it in (before resolving the 5th) the test result gives me more the one answer incorrect (also the 1th one).

I’ve reset and tried again.

what’s your code now?
if you create a new anchor element the first test will fail, you need to use the existing one

You can also use help. See solution and compare it to your own work… this way you can see where you are going wrong.
Also if you add elements and text that aren’t in the instructions then the tests will fail

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.