Rock paper scissors game

hey guys im focusing on javascript a lot more now , i really want to step foot in the tech industry any feedback will help thanks

any advice on how i could make this better?

This is a solid project! There are improvements that can be made to enhance the experience

I would first implement something to keep track of the score. Then, maybe set a timer for the end of the round / how long the string lasts in the <p> element and make the buttons disabled until a new round starts. Then the feedback can disappear, the selected border goes back to normal, and a new round begins.

I’m suggesting this because as it stands, it is a bit confusing if I were to select “Rock” twice in a row and the computer selects the same object as the previous round. I’m not sure if the game is stuck, or if I’m getting the same feedback because there is no way of telling. I hope that makes sense…

After a quick glance of the code, the first thing that stands out to me is that you can select the DOM elements and place them in a variable

var rock = document.getElementById('rock');
rock.addEventListener('click', function(){ console.log('Dave rocks'); }

Dave, thanks for your feedback i am definitely going to put a way to set score and tell whether or not the round is over … im kinda mad i didnt think of that before! lol but thanks for your feedback ive been working with javascript heavily as i read the eloquent javascriot book i hope to get a job as a dev soon thank you !