Sass Technical documentaion - Feedback

Hey All,

This is my fourth project under responsive web design.
Technical documentation

https://codepen.io/Adi188288/pen/PvMVLj

Please let me know the feedback. I didn’t put a lot of effort into the design part of the project. But I have made sure it clears all the test cases.

Also, I actually wrote the entire sass content. Please feel free to read and let me know how it is.

I have also used sass in this project. I thought of combining sass and BEM methodologies. But could not work on BEM due to the test cases. Although that is in my bucket list for the future.

Thanks!

Update 2
Hey all,

I worked on this project again based on the suggestion given by @roma and @ConnerOw1115. I have added a custom font. I have also removed all the HTML validation errors that were detected by Codepen.
I have also made the technical document as generic as possible.
Also, made sure the code is displayed line by line instead of a single line as before.

Thank you @roma and @ConnerOw1115 for helping me out with this project. Please do review the updated project.

2 Likes

Hmm… The colors of the tech doc are a bit plain. Add some more that isn’t just gray and black. The link section is a bit too wide.
At all else, nice job!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @ConnerOw1115. I will work on it again.

Hi @adi188288, you page looks okay. It could do with a different font family and perhaps make the font a little larger.
Also, codepen provides you with validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the arrow in each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link. You have some errors in HTML that need correcting;

• <code> cannot be a child of the <ul> element
  • <p> cannot be a child of the <ul> element

Since you wrote it and asked for feedback I’ll give some. I did not read it all but;

• what platform are you talking about in the ‘Installing Sass’ section? It will be different on different platforms
  • you provide a link to download nodejs but the link doesn’t work. Make it a link that opens in another tab.
  • be more generic in a tech doc. For instance, you say “open a terminal in VS code editor…” I don’t use Visual Studio, I use Brackets.
  • your example of nesting would display much better if it wasn’t a single line

Hey @Roma

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I will update the documentation and look into the validation errors as well.