Select/option element(s) default styling(ADVANCED)

I really Really want to use the <select>(respectively its <option> subelements), but i just cant manage to overwrite one of its styling components, which sets the option you hovered background color to blue(this is valid for chrome). Ive spent literaly hours on the matter without success. Ive added bunch CSS rules, targeting select/option, on hover, on focus, on whatever, with important tag and all and the select field is a christmas tree, but this one style i cannot locate and overwhrite. Ive looked up guides and answers on stackoverflow and even guides snippets of “styled” select components maintain this background regardless of their custom code. Im willing to believe, it aint just chrome default styling, its related to my OS…
Life would be so much easier if id just create a custom button, or even a simple div and create my own event listeners and all. Why i have to bother with <ul>'s, <ol>'s, <a>'s and whatnot, when they come with such a grand bulk to handle. But i just want to write semantically correct HTML…

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.