Serve Static Assets in Express

Tell us what’s happening:
No matter what I do, I can’t get this challenge to pass and it’s really frustrating. Please help!

Your project link(s)

solution: https://replit.com/@kaylidiebel1993/boilerplate-express-1

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.1 Safari/605.1.15

Challenge: Serve Static Assets

Link to the challenge:

Hello! Welcome to the community :partying_face:!

Well, this is weird.

I tested it with your project and it didn’t pass the test. I always do this to exclude possible problems with browser plugins.

After the first test, I forked your project and tested again, with a minor change, and it worked. This time, however, even though I passed the challenge, on repl.it the styles weren’t loading (it even returned an error saying it couldn’t find the style.css file).

I tested once again with my project (the one I forked), but this time I copy/pasted your code, exactly as you have it, and it passed the test again.

I can only assume that there’s a problem with repl.it that we cannot fix (they may be working on it), so I would continue with the next lessons and retry later.

One thing you can try is to create a new project (fork the one with problems) and try that one instead.

Finally, you could use something like glitch.com for the same purpose.

I hope it helps :slight_smile:.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.