Setting up React in Codepen

Tell us what’s happening:
I’ve been clicking around for a while and it’s becoming less clear, rather than more clear how to set up React in a codepen environment. Does anyone have a link to the best way to do this?

Based on the rest of the Front End Libraries education a little bit of searching it seems the intended solution for the Markdown Previewer involves React but there’s no information about how to set up React.

I’ve been digging around the web and it’s not clear, can anyone point me in the right direction?

I’ve added react extensions though the JS setting cogwheel, but that seems to be too simple.

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/100.0.4896.127 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Build a Markdown Previewer

Link to the challenge:

Hi @dconnenc !

Welcome to the forum!

A lot of people have struggled with getting codepen setup with React.
Codepen is great for small html and css projects but isn’t the best when it comes to react projects.

In my opinion, I think it is better to use something like codesanbox that has react templates that will setup all of the installation for you.
It is also mimics what it is like to work in your local environment when building react projects plus it gets you used to the file structure that you would see on the job.

It also allows for multiple files which will come in handy for the later projects.

I would highly suggest throwing your code into there for a better react experience.
It is free to use and sets up in a few seconds.

Hope that helps!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.