Smooth Scroll shows white space above section

I have enabled smooth scroll in my site htttp://www.tom-abraham.com. When i click about me link in main navigation menu , it scrolls smoothly to about me section, but there is also a white space above the section. Can someone tell me what is the issue here?

Your first problem is you’re using Wordpress. ( So expect lots of glitchy things to happen ).

If you’re looking for deeper explanation to your problem,. then take a look at this image.

Your offsets are different.

The same function is called whenever you click about. If you notice., whenever you click about twice it lands probably where you meant it to be. Or whenever you click about after you scroll down some it lands probably where you want it to be.

The problem with WordPress is that if you change one thing you’ll likely break another.

Is there any solution to the problem

Hacks sure. But by fixing this problem you’ll likely just create another one. All of WordPress functions are so dynamic that by changing one you affect them all.

You could probably hard code when the offset = 1333 to add 78… but again., these are hacks. If you look at the javascript., it’s intentionally minimized to prevent users from reverse engineering it and perhaps to save bytes over https.

If you remove the height on .myfixed it should work. Not sure if you have that set to make the logo break out of the header at the bottom, or if it’s unintentional.

#mysticky-nav .myfixed {
  margin: 0 auto;
  float: none;
  border: 0;
  max-width: 100%;
  background: #fff;
  /* height:70px; */
}