So close I can feel it, but why can't I pass these 2 tests? STILL stuck on the Record Collection

Thank you @ilenia!
When I was trying to understand the solution I found that this was related. I noticed that in my solution I wasn’t really using an instance of the object inside my function and neither using any argument to pass the object to the function, actually I don’t even know how I got many of the things working until I noticed this :rofl:
But using the collectionCopy I was able to understand what was happening. Thanks!

Don´t know if it´s just me, but I find this exercise totally out of my league.
It´s the 3rd time that I start the JS course (always taking notes and having a 100% understanding of each lesson) and I keep getting stuck into this exercise.

I´m not sure if it´s an issue in my reasoning / problem solving skills, but even looking at the solution and watching the youtube video, still has no sense to me.

Starting the course for the 4th time. Wish me luck.

2 Likes

This particular lesson is far more complicated than anything before it, yes. It has a lot of moving parts. But broken down to small steps, they are all reasonable.

I might suggest you get as far as you can for now, but build it somewhere apart from the FCC lesson page. Often, I will build and test on codepen or repl, and when I get hung, I can simply share the link to that - doing so, others can see my code running, and can see what errors I see.

The other advantage to somewhere like repl is, pairs programming. It supports a classroom-style live code sharing, so when I get hung, I can share the link to others, and they can make changes which I see in real time! I can test their changes, and see the impact, on the fly. In a tutorial lesson, the value of that can’t be overstated.

Perhaps, if you find yourself hung again, consider asking around here for someone interested in ‘pairs programming’ on this specific lesson?

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the feedback and suggestions! The break down in small pieces is something that I always forget. That´s totally my bad.

I´ll give them a shot before starting up the entire js course again.

Thanks again!

1 Like