Solution doesn't work

In the JavaScript Data Structures curriculum, I am on the following lesson:

Basic Data Structures: Iterate Through the Keys of an Object with a for…in Statement

My solution matches the one in the guide, and yet it is not being accepted. The code is as follows:

function countOnline(usersObj) {
  // Only change code below this line
  let result = 0;
  for (let user in userObj) {
    if (userObj[user].online === true) {
      result++; 
    }
  }
  return result;
  // Only change code above this line
}

The output console displays the following:

// running tests
The function countOnline should return 1 when the object { Alan: { online: false }, Jeff: { online: true }, Sarah: { online: false } } is passed to it
The function countOnline should return 2 when the object { Alan: { online: true }, Jeff: { online: false }, Sarah: { online: true } } is passed to it
The function countOnline should return 0 when the object { Alan: { online: false }, Jeff: { online: false }, Sarah: { online: false } } is passed to it
// tests completed

Does anyone know what the problem is? Thank you in advance.

Challenge link: https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/basic-data-structures/iterate-through-the-keys-of-an-object-with-a-for---in-statement

Solution guide link: freeCodeCamp Challenge Guide: Iterate Through the Keys of an Object with a for...in Statement

*Edited to add links.

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Please provide a link to the challenge and the guide post so we can help you troubleshoot.

Hi and thank you. I have edited the original post to add the links to the challenge and solution guide.

Your function argument is named usersObj and you’re iterating over userObj in your for...in loop.

4 Likes

Wow, I can’t believe I didn’t notice that typo, that’s embarrassing. :weary: Thank you for your help! :smiley:

1 Like