Spinning stuff - am I going crazy?

Twice now, I have experienced a weird thing on the forum on mobile both times where some interaction triggers some page elements to spin 360°!

The first time, I just clicked on a post to read and it happened. The next time (just now) I favourited 3 replies in a row and it triggered the thing as well.

The Nav logo, hamburger menu and maybe some other things are the spinners…

Is this just me?

2 Likes

Happened on my phone once yesterday!

2 Likes

Well that’s a relief :slight_smile:

1 Like

@JacksonBates @kevcomedia haha you are triggering the Konami Code plugin. I guess if you are randomly inputting the right keys there must be something wrong with it. It is extremely improbable that it could happen by chance. Should I shut it off? Was it disturbing?

1 Like

So somehow I triggered the plugin by swiping on my screen. Now that I know that it’s not some weird glitch I guess I’m fine with it, but it’ll probably surprise those who don’t know it’s a “secret feature” :slight_smile:

@QuincyLarson ha! Now I know what it is I can trigger it intentionally on mobile :slight_smile:

Three taps seem to represent A B Start sufficiently :smiley:

1 Like

What should I do? I can’t stop :laughing:

perhaps with a link to something like this

Damnit…

2 Likes

@P1xt @kevcomedia if it’s triggering unintentionally on mobile, we should definitely shut it off. Even if it’s a fun inside joke, it could make people worry that the app is buggy or insecure. It’s not worth the effort of trying to spread word of this easter egg. I will remove this next time I restart the server.

Thought it was just me :slight_smile:

I actually tried to troubleshoot it through Dev tools :mask:

OK, I’ve removed this plugin.