Step 41 HELP! Learn Basic Css by Building a Cafe Menu

How am I supposed to create two

tags with no space between them? I am so lost and stuck at step 41. PLEASE HELP!!!

Step 41

That worked, but there is still a little space on the right of the price.

You could keep trying various percentages for the widths. Instead, simply move the price p element to be on the same line and make sure there is no space between them.

3 Likes

HI @Ahav !
Welcome to the forum!

Can you show what you tried so far?

The directions don’t want you to create any new tags.
They want you to move the second p tag right next to the first one without spaces.

Make sense?

1 Like

The p tag automatically adds a line break…

I tried deleted the < on the second p tag. It worked, but when I hit submit, the code wasn’t accepted…

I have no idea what I am supposed to do…

I think you are misunderstanding the challenge.

The directions want you to move the second p element right next to the first one.
You don’t need to worry about any css.

Here is an example of what they want you to do.

<p>Example 1</p><p>example 2</p>

You see how the two p tags are right next to each other?
You are supposed to do that with the p tags already there in the html document.

Hope that clarifies.

7 Likes

That was so simple I was totally making it more complicated than it is…I thought I had to place the actual text adjacent with no spaces. Thank you for helping me with this.

1 Like

thanks, really helpful: smile:

1 Like

Hello! I’m a bit confused about the logic of this challenge because I thought that spaces between HTML tags didn’t matter. Could you please elaborate on why removing the space between the two paragraph tags changed the styling of the page?

HI @vanessanellyn !

Welcome to the forum!

I can understand where the confusion is coming from because it is not really explained in the lesson.

I would suggest reading through this explanation of what is happening.
There are a few code examples and a good article to look at regarding spacing and inline-block elements.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.