Step 55 Registration Form

Most browsers inject their own default CSS properties and values for different elements. If you look closely, you might be able to notice the file input is smaller than the other text input elements. By default, a padding of 1px 2px is given to input elements you can type in.

Using another attribute selector, style the input with a type of file to be the same padding as the other input elements.

I wrote the code : input[type=file]{padding:1px 2px;} but it did not work. Who can help with step 55 please?

1 Like

I think the attribute file should be inside “”

1 Like

As mentioned it is best to use quotes around file in input[type=file].
Your code however does work for me, try disabling extensions or try your code in a different browser or in an incognito window.

still not working after adding quotation marks

Have you tried these?

Just literally copy and pasted the answer that isnt working for you and it worked for me. Must be something else within your coding. Can you post your css in its entirety ?

you forgot to put file in inverted commas

1 Like

Yes the quotation marks are required!

input[type=file]{padding:1px 2px;}

3 Likes

copy this, this works

[Mod edit; solution removed]

this exactly here worked for me!

[Mod edit: solution removed]

Hello there. If anyone have the same problem, this is the solution.

[Mod edit: solution removed ]

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

input[type=“file”]{padding:1px 2px;

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.