Stuck in "Whole-in-one" - Golf Code

Tell us what’s happening:
I have read the instructions really carefully and been reading the help section equally attentively still cannot figure out what is the wrong with my code.

Could somebody please guide me?? Greatly appreciated.

Your code so far

var names = ["Hole-in-one!", "Eagle", "Birdie", "Par", "Bogey", "Double Bogey", "Go Home!"];
function golfScore(par, strokes) {
  // Only change code below this line
  if (strokes == 1){
    return "Hole-in-one";
  }
  else if (strokes  <= par-2){
    return "Eagle";
  }
  else if (strokes == par-1){
    return "Birdie";
  }
  else if (strokes == par){
    return "Par";
  }
   else if (strokes == par1){
    return "Bogey";
  }
  else if (strokes == par+2){
    return "Double Bogey";
  }
  else if (strokes >= par+3){
    return "Go Home!";
  } 

else 
  return "Change Me";
  // Only change code above this line
}

// Change these values to test
golfScore(5, 4);

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_4) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/66.0.3359.181 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/basic-javascript/golf-code

You have made small mistakes, and once you find them you’ll think “Why didn’t I see it sooner!”
Read your code again,
Are all the conditions (==) right?
Do you return the exact right thing for each of your else if?

hmmm…I’ve been starring at the code for the last 30min and trying comparing with the parts that are correct, and still cannot figure it out… :frowning:

Your mistakes are there:
(How to correct them is in the blurred spoiler)

Should be par+1

Missing a ! here

Thanks so much! Very sloppy of me. You were right “Why didn’t I see that before” :pensive:

Initially I struggled understanding the concept of the the problem but after several research and experiments I solved it with a different approach using the “names” array and the built in length function. Since the length function returns the number of items in an array I subtracted the length (which is 7) by 7 to get the index number which corresponds to the lowest priority in the array inside the array operator (square brackets) and decreased the number by 1 for each and ever else if statement to get the right index.