Stuck on Step 42 of Registration form

Step 42

The border of the last fieldset element looks a little out of place. You can select the last element of a specific type using the last-of-type CSS pseudo-class, like this:

p:last-of-type { }

That will select the last p element. Create a new selector that targets the last fieldset element and set its border-bottom to none.

I have no idea here

1 Like

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hello,

I don’t know if you need help still or so but if you do.

The following code is an example given by freeCodeCamp, they want you to substitute the p for whatever new selector that will target the said element.

p:last-of-type { }

Hopefully that helps without giving too much away. I too was struggling with that and figured it out.

5 Likes

hi. the solution is

Mod Edit: SOLUTION REMOVED

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

2 Likes

ok. i understand. thank you

1 Like

this is the right solution to this problem

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

1 Like

Do not post solutions.

1 Like

ok, sir next time I will be careful.

hi. you need to replace the p for fieldset and then use the border-bottom like another steps. i was using p instead of fieldset :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

A pseudo-class consists of a colon (:slight_smile: followed by the pseudo-class name. This is an example of how its syntax can be
button :hover { color: blue;}.
In our case the pseudo - class will be :last-of-type
while the type that we need to specify is not (p), it’s (fieldset). Then you can directly add border-bottom property setting its value to (none)

I hope you can find that useful.

5 Likes