Stuck on this task!

Hi there!

Still need help with this problem . Plz help. I have tried adding my classes to “black-mask” but it’s not working. A solution and explanation would be great.

Thank you!

/* file: index.html */
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
  <meta charset="utf-8">
  <title>Picasso Painting</title>
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="./styles.css" />
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.8.2/css/all.css">
</head>
<body>
  <div id="back-wall"></div>
      <div class="characters">
        <div id="offwhite-character">
          <div id="white-hat"></div>
          <div id="black-mask" class="eyes left" "eyes right"

#black-mask{

}

>

</div>
          <div id="gray-instrument"></div>
          <div id="tan-table"></div>
        </div>
      </div>
</body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
body {
background-color: rgb(184, 132, 46);
}

#back-wall {
background-color: #8B4513;
width: 100%;
height: 60%;
position: absolute;
top: 0;
left: 0;
z-index: -1;
}
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/102.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Step 14

Link to the challenge:

Hi,
You need to create two new div elements with the classes of eyes-left and eyes-right respectively.

Do not add extra classes to black-mask. This isn’t how you add multiple classes to a html element regardless, I’d advise redoing some of the css markers lesson if you’ve forgotten this.

Also do not put css inside HTML like this, it will not work. I advise looking into how html style tags work as this will help you understand why this will not work.

Finally in the forums solutions are discouraged, they do not help you learn as the do not mean understanding why the code works. (And I say that from experience.)

2 Likes

to add to what @Griff said when the instructions say within the black mask element they do not mean inside the opening tag of the element, they mean in-between the opening and closing tag of the element

<div class="black-mask">
your code goes here
</div>
1 Like

Thank you so much for your input! Appreciate it. Yes I will try to keep that in mind. Sometimes I do get impatient and just want to get to the solution quickly. But understanding is super important if i want to create any future projects of my own!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.