Submit form with id description

#name-label{}

#email-label{}

#number-label{}

User Story #10: For the name, email, and number input fields inside the form I can see corresponding labels that describe the purpose of each field with the following ids:

its still saying incorrect

show your whole code or we can’t help you

also, those are just css selectors
they don’t do anything if you don’t have a corresponding element in the html

What is the FCC challenge/project url you are working on? Also, please provide a link to your actual code.

challenge: submit form challenge

story: 10

could a hint be provided please

why does it say many active users many of which are just viewing

You did not answer the two questions in my last reply.

https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/responsive-web-design/responsive-web-design-projects/build-a-survey-form

There were two questions in that reply. You only answered one.

1 Like

i believe i got it but to refrain from asking too much help i would not like to post up my link. question: is a simple label enough or it’s asking for the other type of label? i did the for attribute and it didn’t work but it did show up in the design of the page

I don’t know what you mean by a simple label. A label is just a label element.

<form id="survey-form"<label for="name-label">Enter name:</label><input type="name" id="name" required id="name-label"><label for="email-label">Enter email:</label><input type="email" id="email" required id="email-label"><label for="number-label">Enter number:</label><input type="number" id="number" type="number" min="0" max="1000000" id="number-label"><action="/moonchild-sunchild-survey"> </form>

meaning simple is without the for attritubutes and associated id

The for attribute and the id attribute are completely different. Any element can have an id attribute. The for attribute applies only to the label element. The value of the for attribute references the id of another element (i.e. a form element).

after applying the label for and the id within form it still says incorrect. (pls scroll up and see above >

the exercise is having us put two ids in there

Yes, you are supposed to add a specific id for each label and also a specific id for each element that the for attribute in the label references.

There are three things going on here:

1. Adding an id attribute to the form elements (i.e. input, select, checkbox)
  2. Adding an id attribute to the labels for the form elements.
  3. Adding a for attribute in the label elements.

You need to read each user story and then read them again, so you understand exactly what is expected. I do not know what the disconnect is, but as I have stated numerous times already, you need to go back and redo all the Basic HTML section again. You are not using proper syntax, so you are going to continue to struggle through these projects until you force yourself to learn the syntax and learn to validate you have the correct syntax before asking a question. Codepen has a feature named **Analyze HTML) located in the HTML module’s dropdown menu (see below). You can click on it and it will report any issues is finds with syntax.

fixed it. im reviewing the pertaining content for that now

is there a correspsoinding activity for “drop-down”?