Survey Form - Build a Survey Form

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
The results of the test say that there are two mistakes. They are about my name and my email, where it was said that they require input. Actually, there are inputs for both and I do not know what does that mean. Can any one explain to me that requirement?
Thanks.

**Your code so far**
/* file: index.html */
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
 <title>survey form</title>
 <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css"/>
 </head>
 <body>
     <h1 id="title">Survey </h1>       
     <p id="description">
       This form is to collect data for the purpose of clarifying a profile that may be unclear</p>
 <form id="survey-form" action="https://survey-excercises.freeCodeCamp.org">
 <fieldset>
<label>My name: <input id="name" type="text" placeholder="This is in my personal info"/></label>
<label>My email: <input type="email" id="email"placeholder="This is in my personal info"/></label>
<label>My Age: <input id="number" type="number" min="18" max="90" placeholder="my age is appoximately 80"/></label>
</fieldset>
<fieldset>
  <label id="name-label">Enter Your Name: <input type="text" placeholder="we need to know your name"/></label>
  <label id="email-label">Enter Your Email: <input type="email" placeholder="We need your email to be able to contact you"/></label>
<label id="number-label">Enter Your Age (Years): <input type="number" min="18" max="90" placeholder="We need to get sure that your are not a minor"/><label> 
    </fieldseet>
<select id="dropdown"> 
 <option value="">Select gender</option>
 <option value="1">Male</option>
 <option value="2">Female</option>
 </select>
 </fieldset>  
   <fieldset>
 <legend>Which football team do you support?</legend>
 <label><input type="radio" name="Ahly-Zamalick" value="Ahly" class="inline"/>Ahly</label>
 <label><input type="radio" name="Ahly-Zamalick" value="Zamalick" class="inline football"/>Zamalick</label>
 </fieldset>
 <fieldset>
 <legend>Which one of the following are you?</legend>
  <input type="checkbox" name="basic habits" value="lark"class="inline" /><label for="lark">Lark</label><br>
  <input type="checkbox" name="basic habits" value="owl"class="inline" /><label for="owl">Owl</label><br>
   <input type="checkbox" name="basic habits" value="early bird" class="inline"/><label for="early bird">Early bird</label><br>
   <input type="checkbox" name="basic habits" value="late riser" class="inline"/><label for="late riser">Late riser</label><br>
   <input type="checkbox" name="basic habits" value="lazy" class="inline"/><label for="lazy">Lazy</label><br>
   <input type="checkbox" name="basic habits" value="hard worker"class="inline" /><label for="hard worker">Hard worker</label><br>
   </fieldset>
   <fieldset>
   <legend>And how do you spend your leassure time?</legend>
   <input type="checkbox" name="interests" value="play games" class="inline"/><label for="play games">Play games</label><br>
  <input type="checkbox" name="interests" value="DIY" class="inline"/><label for="DIY" />DIY</label><br>
   <input type="checkbox" name="interests" value="reading"class="inline" /><label for="reading">Reading</label><br>
   <input type="checkbox" name="interests" value="gardening" class="inline" /><label for="gardening">Gardening</label><br>
    <input type="checkbox" name="interests" value="other" class="inline"/><label for="Other">Other</label>
    <legend>If you select (other) please explain"</legend>
   </fieldset>
   <fieldset>
   <label>Additional comments:
         <textarea rows="3" cols="30"placeholder="I don't waste my time and I ....."></textarea>
         </fieldset>
</label>
<input type="submit" id="submit" value="Submit"/>
   </form>
 </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */

#title{
 text-align: center;
}
#description{
 margin: 5px auto;
 text-align: justify;
}
body {
 background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
 color: rgb(255, 255, 255);
 width: 100%;
 height: 100vh;
}
form {
 width: 60vw;
 max-width: 500px;
 min-width: 300px;
 margin: 0 auto;
 padding-bottom: 20px;
}
input, textarea, select {
 width: 100%;
 margin: 5px 0 05px 0;
}
.inline {
 width: unset;
 margin: 0 10px 0 0;
}
.football {
 margin-left: 25px; 
}
fieldset{
 border: solid rgb(127, 127, 127);
 margin-bottom: 10px;
}
select {
 min-height: 1.6em;
}
.interest {
 display: block;
}
input[type=submit]{
 display: block;
 margin: 0 auto;
 width: 60%;
}

**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.5060.114 Safari/537.36 Edg/103.0.1264.49

Challenge: Survey Form - Build a Survey Form

Link to the challenge:

Do you remember how to make an input actually require user input? There is an attribute you can add to the input to force the user to enter something. If you don’t remember then I would use the googles to search for something like “html input require”.

Yes, thank you. It is “required”. You helped me remember.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.