Survey Form - Build a Survey Form

I’m getting the feedback that my #number, #email, #number-label, #email-label, #drop-down, radio buttons, checkboxes, textarea, and submit need to descendants of #survey-form- how do I make them descendants of survey form? It is also saying that I need to have atleast 2 groups of 2 radio buttons (which I have). It says all my checkboxes need to have a value and an attribute (which they have). It says my number should have a type of number (which it has). So why do the tests keep coming back wrong? Am I misunderstanding the instructions?
Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html/>
<html lang="en"></html>
<head>
<meta charset="UTF-8">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css"/>
<title>Survey Form</title>
</head>
<body>
  <h1 id="title">Aspiring Gardeners</h1>
    <p id="description">We are creating a growing course for aspiring gardeners. Please let us know what type of plants you are interested in growing, and the type of growing space you have available. Thanks for your interest in gardening!</p>

<!--Name Field-->
<fieldset>
    <form id="survey-form">
        <label for="name" id="name-label">Name: <input id="name" type="text" placeholder="Your Name" required></input></label>
        </fieldset>

<!--Email Field-->
        <fieldset>
        <label for="email" id="email-label">Email: <input id="email" type="email" form="survey-form" name="email" placeholder="youremail@gmail.com" required></input></label>
        </fieldset>

<!--Number Field-->
        <fieldset>
        <label for="number" id="number-label">Age: <input id="number" form="survey=form type="number" name="number" required placeholder="Age" min="14" max="99"></input></label>
        </fieldset>
<!--Select Field-->
<fieldset>
        <label for="dropdown">Which plant are you interested in growing?
          <select id="dropdown"><option value="">(select one)</option>
          <option value="1">Tomatoes</option>
          <option value="2">Peppers</option>
          <option value="3">Oregano</option>
          </label></select>
      </fieldset>

<!--Radio Field-->
      <fieldset>
      <p>Where is your growing space?</p>
      <label for="outdoor" name="outdoor">Outdoor<input form="survey=form" id="outdoor" type="radio" class="inline" name="outdoor" value="outdoor"></input></label>
      <label for="indoor" name="indoor">Indoor<input form="survey=form" id="indoor" type="radio" class="inline" name="indoor" value="indoor"></input></label>
</fieldset>
<!--Radio Field 2-->
<fieldset>
  <p>What type of growing space do you have?</p>
      <label for="yard" name="yard">Yard<input form="survey=form" id="yard" type="radio" class="inline" name="yard" value="yard"></input></label>
      <label for="balcony" name="balcony">Balcony<input form="survey=form" type="radio" class="inline" name="balcony" id="balcony" value="balcony"></input></label>
      </fieldset>

<!--Checkbox Field-->
      <fieldset>
        <p>How much time can you devote to gardenning?</p>
        <label for="1-2 hours/month" name="1-2 hours/month">1-2 hours/month<input form="survey=form" id="1-2 hours/month" type="checkbox" name="1-2 hours/month" class="inline" value"1-2 hours/month"</label>
        <label for="1-2 hours/week" name="1-2 hours/week">1-2 hours/week<input form="survey-form" id="1-2 hours/week" type="checkbox" name="1-2 hours/week" class="inline" value="1-2 hours/week"</label>
        <label for="1-2 hours/day">1-2 hours/day<input form="survey=form" id="1-2 hours/day" name="1-2 hours/day" type="checkbox" class="inline" value="1-2 hours/day"</label>
        </fieldset>

<!--Textarea Field-->
        <fieldset>
          <p>Why do you want to learn gardening? What are you hoping to get out of the course?</p><textarea form="survey-form" id="survey-form" required type="text" type="interests" rows="10" cols="40" placeholder="I want to grow food for myself and my familly. I am hoping to be inspried by meeting like-minded aspiring gardenners!"></textarea>
          </fieldset>
          <!--Submit Field-->
          <fieldset>
          <input type="submit" id="submit" form="survey-form" value="submit"></input>
          </fieldset>
      </form>
</body>
/* file: styles.css */
/* file:styles.css */

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/108.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Survey Form - Build a Survey Form

Link to the challenge:

By making sure they are inside of the form element. I would recommend you copy/paste your HTML into a validator to make sure it is structured correctly. I think you will find that you have quite a few issues that need to be fixed. You can also look at the HTML through your browser’s dev tools inspector. You will see that none of these inputs are actually wrapped in a form.

W3C HTML Validator

One hint, you don’t need to wrap all of these in fieldsets, just the radio button and check box groupings. And inside of a fieldset you should be using a legend for the question text, not a p.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.