Survey Form - Build a Survey Form

Tell us what’s happening: I seem to pass all the tests successfully, but I am not able to align the radio buttons and checkbox’s text in a single line. Please help with the same.

Your code so far

WARNING

The challenge seed code and/or your solution exceeded the maximum length we can port over from the challenge.

You will need to take an additional step here so the code you wrote presents in an easy to read format.

Please copy/paste all the editor code showing in the challenge from where you just linked.

<html>
  <link href="styles.css" rel="stylessheet"></link>
  <head> 
    <meta charset="utf-8" name="viewport" content="width=device-width , initail-scale=1.0">
    <h1 id="title">freeCodeCamp Survey Form</h1>
    <p id="description">Thank you for taking the time to help us improve the platform
  </head>
  <body>
    <form id="survey-form" method="post" action="https://survey-form.freecodecamp.rocks/">
      <fieldset>
        <label for="name" id="name-label">Name
          <input id="name" type="text" placeholder="Enter your Name" required></label> 
        <hr>
        <label for="email-label" id="email-label">Email
          <input id="email" type="email" placeholder="Enter your Email" required></label><hr>
        <label for="age" id="number-label">Age (optional)
          <input id="number" type="number" min="13" max="100" placeholder="Age" ></label><hr></hr>
        <label for="role">Which option best describes your current role?
          <select id="dropdown">
            <option value="" disabled selected>Select current role
            <option value="1">Student
            <option value="2">Full time Job
            <option value="3">Full time Learner
            <option value="4">Prefer not to say
            <option value="5">Other
         </select>
         <hr>
      </label>
      <label>Would you recommend freeCodeCamp to a friend?
        <input id="definitely" type ="radio" name="recommendation" value="definitely" class="inline" checked /> Definitely </label>
        <label><input id="maybe" type ="radio" name="recommendation" value="maybe" class="inline"> Maybe</label>
        <label><input id="not-sure" name="recommendation" type="radio" value="not-sure" class="inline"> Not Sure</label>
      <hr>
      <label for="feature" >What is your favorite feature of freeCodeCamp?
        <select id="dropdown">
          <option value="" placeholder="Select an option" disabled selected>Select an option
          <option value="1" type="text">Challenges
          <option value="2" type="text">Projects
          <option value="3" type="text">Community
          <option value="4" type="text">Open Source
        </select>
        <hr>
      <label for="improvement"> What would you like to see impoved? (check all that apply)</label>
      <lable><input id="front-end-projects" type="checkbox" name="front-end-projects" value="front-end-projects" class="inline"> Front-end Projects</label>
      <lable><input id="back-end-projects" type="checkbox" name="back-end-projects" value="back-end-projects"  class="inline"> Back-end Projects </label>
      <lable><input id="data-visualisation" type="checkbox" name="data-visualisation" value="data-visualisation"  class="inline"> Data Visualisation </label>
      <lable><input id="challenges" type="checkbox" name="challenges" value="challenges" class="inline"> Challenges </label>
      <lable><input id="open-source-community" type="checkbox" name="open-source-community" value="open-source-community" class="inline"> Open Source Community </label>
      <lable><input id="gitter-help-rooms" type="checkbox" name="gitter-help-rooms" value="gitter-help-rooms" class="inline"> Gitter help rooms </label>
      <lable><input id="videos" type="checkbox" name="videos" value="videos" class="inline"> Videos </label>
      <lable><input id="city-meetups" type="checkbox" name="city-meetups" value="city-meetups" class="inline"> City Meetups </label>
      <lable><input id="wiki" type="checkbox" name="wiki" value="wiki" class="inline"> Wiki </label>
      <lable><input id="forum" type="checkbox" name="forum" value="forum" class="inline"> Forum </label>
      <lable><input id="additional-courses" type="checkbox" name="additional-courses" value="additional-courses" class="inline"> Additional Courses </label>
      <hr>
      <label for="comments"> Any comments or suggestion?
        <textarea id="comments" type="text" rows="5" cols="50" placeholder="Enter your comments here..."></textarea>
      </label>
      <hr>
      <button type="submit" id="submit">Submit</button>
  </fieldset>
  </form>
</body>
</html>
  background-image: url(https://contentstatic.techgig.com/photo/msid-77087595,width-400,resizemode-4/Guide-How-to-build-career-as-a-programmer-without-college-degree.jpg);
  height: 50%;
  margin-top: 50px;
  font-family: papyrus;
}
h1, p {
  text-align: center;
  color: beige; 
}
h1{
  margin-bottom: 0;
  font-size: 50px;
}
p{
  font-style: italic;
  margin-top: 0;
  font-size: 30px;
}
form {
  color: white;
  height: 120%;
}
fieldset {
  background-color: rgba(10,0,100,80%);
  width: 800px;
  height: 230%;
  margin: auto;
  border: none;
}
input, select {
  margin: 1em 0 0 0;
  width: 100%;
  height: 3.5vh;
  display: block;
}
button{
 height: 3.5em;
 margin-top: 1.5em;
 background-color: rgba(0,255,0,48%);
 font-size: 20px;
}
textarea {
  margin: 10px 0 0 0;
}
hr{
  margin: 1em
}
.inline {
  width: unset;
  margin: 0 0.5em 0 0;
  vertical-align: middle;
  height: 1.75vh;
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/113.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Survey Form - Build a Survey Form

Link to the challenge:

Hello!
Please Tell us what’s happening in your own words.

Learning to describe problems is hard, but it is an important part of learning how to code.

Also, the more you say, the more we can help!

You have the inputs set to display: block so they are going to display on a separate line from their text. I think you want both the text and the input to act as a block. Do you think there might be another element you can apply display: block to instead that will get you what you want?

I have removed the display: block from input and given the same to radio and checkbox inputs. It doesnt seem to solve my problem. I have shared the screenshot which shows were I am currently stuck .

Screenshots don’t really help in this case because I can’t see the changes you made to the CSS. Do you understand what display: block does?

Yes. I do understand how display: block works. My CSS code is given here. The result for the same is how it looks like in the screenshot.

background-image: url(https://contentstatic.techgig.com/photo/msid-77087595,width-400,resizemode-4/Guide-How-to-build-career-as-a-programmer-without-college-degree.jpg);
  height: 50%;
  margin-top: 50px;
}
h1, p {
  text-align: center;
  color: beige; 
}
h1{
  margin-bottom: 0;
  font-size: 50px;
}
p{
  font-style: italic;
  margin-top: 0;
}
form {
  height: 120%;
}
fieldset {
  background-color: rgba(10,0,100,80%);
  width: 800px;
  height: 230%;
  margin: auto;
}
input, select {
  margin: 1em 0 0 0;
  height: 3.5vh;
  width: 100%
}
button{
 height: 3.5em;
 margin-top: 1.5em;
 background-color: rgba(0,255,0,48%);
 font-size: 20px;
}
textarea {
  margin: 10px 0 0 0;
}
hr{
  margin: 1em
}
.inline{
  width: unset;
  vertical-align: middle;
}

Then why are you still applying it to the radio button and check box inputs when it is not doing what you don’t want it to do?

If you want the input and its associated text to act as one block, don’t you think there is a better element to apply display: block to that will do what you want?

P.S. You’ve got some issues with your labels. You’ve spelled some of them as lable instead. You’ll want to fix that.

Thank you for pointing out the correction. It seems by giving label display: block, I have achieved what I wanted. Thanks a lot.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.