Survey form finished, need help

Hi, i finished my first project, it pass 15/17, i checked all user stories and i can’t find those 2 missing, so if you can help me, thx.

1. Inside the form element, I am required to enter my name in a field with id="name". If I do not enter a name I will see an HTML5 validation error.

2. Inside the form element, I am required to enter an email in a field with id="email". If I do not enter an email I will see an HTML5 validation error.

Thx, i forgot to add required attribute, now it pass 17/17. And my code is little bit mess, so i will try to improve readability.

Ok.

Your submit button is under the brown part of form

I fixed it, but when i hover textarea or submit, it moves little bit, what should i do?

Can you send me the new link for the code? I can’t see your updated code…

Set your

input:hover, textarea:hover {
    cursor: pointer;
    border: 2px solid #b68a48;
}

to

input:hover, textarea:hover {
    cursor: pointer;
    border: 1px solid #b68a48;
}

I saved all changes, i’m working on local so needed to migrate all changes.

Set your #form-container's height to 90%. It will look better.

Just that:

You can add

#description {
  color: teal;
}
#title {
  color: teal;
}

for better visibility.

How to make option field non typeable? when i click on it it shows all options, but i can type and change it too.

<select>
                    <option value="Select Role">Select Role</option>
                    <option value="Student">Student</option>
                    <option value="Full Time Job">Full Time Job</option>
                    <option value="Full Time Learner">Full Time Learner</option>
                    <option value="Prefer not to say">Prefer not to say</option>
                    <option value="Other">Other</option>
</select>
1 Like

I mean you must write <select> </select> instead of <input>

1 Like

If you want, you can add that to your code, too:

select {
  width: 40%;
  height: 25px;
  margin-bottom: 20px;
  font-size: 17px;
}

That’s my problem… I don’t know how to begin a project… but I can edit others ideas…

Thx for help, i submitted my work and going to solve other challenges, im doing new beta curriculum, it is great, couple of mini projects and then 1 final certification project to apply all that knowledge.

Ok, good luck @Zupi!

I’m not sure if you were looking for feedback @Zupi but some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in the HTML editor. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    For instance, links to fonts go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
    The test script should go just before the closing body tag because it needs to have the HTML code loaded in order for it to run properly. Codepen is forgiving that’s why you don’t see an issue here.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.