Survey Form Help plz

I don’t understand this. I have each form it asked for with the id="" set like it ask.

Hello~!

Could you provide a link to your CodePen project? :slight_smile:

Here it is.

Okay, here we go:

• Test 4:
    <input type="text" name="name"> This input has a name attribute, but no id attribute.

• Test 5:
    <input type="text" name="email"> This input has a name attribute, but no id attribute.

• Test 6:
    This one will not pass until 5 is passing - the test can’t look at the properties of an element it cannot find.

• Test 7:
    <input type="text" name="number"> This element has a name attribute but no id attribute.

• Test 8:
    This one will not pass until 7 is passing. The test cannot look at the properties of an element it cannot find.

• Test 9:
    This one will not pass until 7 is passing. The test cannot look at the properties of an element it cannot find.

• Test 11:
    This one will not pass until 4, 5, and 7 are passing.

• Test 14:
    There are no checkboxes in your form. I see radio buttons, but no checkboxes.

Hopefully this gets you started on some fixed. You’re off to a great start! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, I am implementing those changes now.

2 Likes

Ok I switched over the things required and now I have less answers right. I think ill come back to this later, hate not being able to figure stuff out. Thank you for the hand, ill attempt it again later.

Sure thing! Good to know when it’s time for a break. We are always happy to help! :purple_heart:

1 Like

Ok so I cant eat lunch because I cant figure this out, do I just add id=“name-label” to test 4 and so on?

That’s close! Double check the value for the id that the tests ask for. :slight_smile:

Only thing I fixed was the checkboxes. Ive tried moving the ID from the “label” to the “input”, no go. Adding id=“name-label” to “input”, adding id=“name” to input all nothing lol. Im sure its something simple, my mind isn’t capable of simple resolutions it seems, or hard ones for that matter lol.

I should have mentioned: You can click the red “Tests” button to see more details on the tests that are not passing.

For example, if I add id="name" to your first input, I see this:

The test is still not passing - now, though, it sees the correct element. But another attribute is missing.

Thats what I don’t understand, Im sure I can type in the box that says name. Im just going to add a id to every element and see what happens.

Adding the id is correct. But you need to make that a required field. Do you remember how to do that? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the type set to number, what else am I missing?

You are so close!

You need to set a minimum (and maximum) value on the number input. For example, a number input for age might have a minimum of 13 and a maximum of 100.

Also, you need to provide a placeholder for that input (just like you’ve done with the others).

Im not seeing what is exactly different between the rest.

Ah! My apologies. You need a placeholder on all of those. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, thats the text that shows up inside the boxes before you type right?

Correct. Looking at the code, you’ve given two of the elements a value. This looks like a placeholder, but actually isn’t.

1 Like

I went back and replaced the values with a the placeholders. worked! thank you.

1 Like