Survey form Project-- feedback

Hi everyone, heres my survey form. Could I get some feedback for this project, Ive passed this project but I think it can be improved.

Thank you!

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @DannnLim. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in the HTML editor. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    For instance, links to fonts go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the chevron in the upxper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s).
    (The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)
  • User’s should be able to click on the label to toggle a selection, not just the radio button / checkbox (there’s a typo for your checkbox “instrumental” that prevents this)
  • Change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the submit button
  • Placeholder text should not mirror the label. It should be used to inform the user of the format of the required input.
  • Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
    Reference MDN Docs
1 Like

Awesome, thank you for the feedback! I’ve Just completed it https://codepen.io/dannnlim/pen/wvrELxe. The W3c validator is an amazing tool to help, did not realise I made so many errors.

Good job cleaning things up.
There are still a few br elements to get rid of and one error message that shows when running your code through the validator.

1 Like

Didn’t realise I had so many other things I had to fix up, Thank you for the help, I should be done with this project now! https://codepen.io/dannnlim/pen/wvrELxe

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.