Technical Documentation Project - Media Query

With the new Responsive Web Design curriculum, the projects are now all being done on freecodecamp instead of CodePen. For some reason, every time I run the tests, it says I don’t have a media query even though I do. I have tried a bunch of different media queries, I’ve looked up different articles about media queries to see if I’m doing something wrong. I copied all of my codes into CodePen just to see if it would work and it said I passed all of the tests, but freecodecamp is saying I’m not passing - what can I do?

have you linked the css file to your html?

The new Responsive Web Design curriculum content has been released.

FAQ:

1. Can I complete the old content?
  • Yes. The old content is still available, and has been moved to the bottom of the curriculum map and renamed to Responsive Web Design Legacy
  1. What will happen to my progress?
  • Nothing. Your past progress will still be available in the Responsive Web Design Legacy curricula
  1. Can I claim the old certificate?
  • The certifications are exactly the same. All you need to claim a certificate is to complete the 5 Certification Projects which are identical for both the Responsive Web Design and Responsive Web Design Legacy curricula
  1. Should I stop doing the legacy content, and just start over with the new content?
  • This is entirely up to you. Majority of the topics are the same - just taught in a different way. (See Project-Based Curricula)
  1. How do I use the new editor?
  • The new editor is as close to an external text editor as we wanted to get it. If the files for the challenge have been enabled, you can access the index.html and styles.css tabs which you should use for the respective code.
  • Two main differences between this editor and other online editors:
    • You need to link your styles.css file to your HTML (just like you would in real web-development), by adding the following line to the head of your HTML:
<link href="styles.css" />
    • You are encouraged to include the DOCTYPE, html, head and body tags for each project.

Thank you so much, this fixed my problem!!

ive tried everything. ive linked the style.css and its still not working

it’s styles.css

to get help open a topic and post your own code

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.