The last assignment for Responsive Web Design Project

I don’t understand the assignment fully. Does it need the material from the user story Wikipedia page since the second paragraph said,

“Fulfill the below user stories and get all of the tests to pass. Give it your own personal style.”.

Thank you

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/94.0.4606.81 Safari/537.36 OPR/80.0.4170.63

Challenge: Build a Personal Portfolio Webpage

Link to the challenge:

I’m unsure of your confusion @hyperionhype.

This instruction Fulfill the below user stories and get all of the tests to pass. Give it your own personal style is the same for each of the five projects. There is not a link to a wikipedia page that defines what a user story is.

The user stories are literally listed in the instructions as
User Story #1: requirement is here
User Story #2: requirement is here
et cetera

Every time I click “user stories” it links to the Wikipedia page right from I start the first assignment of the tribute page.

I “misspoke”. All of the projects have the same thing. That is, they all contain the lines Fulfill the below user stories and get all of the tests to pass. Give it your own personal style. where ‘user stories’ is a link to wikipedia that defines what a user story is.
Notice it says “…below user stories…”

But you’ve done the first four projects and you’ve completed the user stories that were there so the final project, the portfolio project, will be done the same.
If you’re just starting the first project then permit me to copy some of the instructions here to illustrate…
This is from the first project, the tribute page. There are more user stories than what I cut/pasted but you get the gist.
All the projects will be similar. Fulfill the user stories that are listed.

Fulfill the below user stories and get all of the tests to pass. Give it your own personal style.

You can use HTML, JavaScript, and CSS to complete this project. Plain CSS is recommended because that is what the lessons have covered so far and you should get some practice with plain CSS. You can use Bootstrap or SASS if you choose. Additional technologies (just for example jQuery, React, Angular, or Vue) are not recommended for this project, and using them is at your own risk. Other projects will give you a chance to work with different technology stacks like React. We will accept and try to fix all issue reports that use the suggested technology stack for this project. Happy coding!

User Story #1: My tribute page should have an element with a corresponding id="main", which contains all other elements.

User Story #2: I should see an element with a corresponding id="title", which contains a string (i.e. text) that describes the subject of the tribute page (e.g. "Dr. Norman Borlaug").

Does that clarify?

1 Like

I’m still doing my second project and I thought the “user stories” link is a must material to include. Now I fully understand the “user stories” link just exists for nothing. Thank you for answering my question! Sorry for the trouble.

Cheers,
Fredrik.

No worries. Glad to help.

Just to be clear, the user stories link doesn’t exist for nothing. It’s there to give a definition for new programmers who may not know what ‘user story’ means.

1 Like