Tribute Page Feedback - JC2295

Hello everyone, I’m slowly working my way through the responsive web design projects and would really appreciate some feedback on my tribute page so I can be better in future projects.

I did mine in vs code and then hosted it on github pages as I don’t really like using code pen. The github page link is down below.

https://jc2295.github.io/FCC_Tribute_Page/

Kind Regards,

JC2295

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @JoJo2295. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
  • Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
  • Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the giving meaningful text to links lesson. For a more thorough explanation read Web Accessibility in Mind.
    • wikipedia page” is not accessible
1 Like

Thankyou for your feedback, its very helpful. Just for clarification I don’t understand what the problem is with the wikipedia link as the link works fine whenever I have ran them.

Please read the provided links to understand the meaning of accessibility.

Hello everyone I’ve made some improvements to my tribute page following some of the advice you gave me. Would you be able to review it please and let me know if there are other ways I can improve. I still have a lot to learn but feel I’m making good progress.

Here is the link to the project: Dr R.Feynman Tribute

Kind Regards,

Jonathan

Your page looks good @JoJo2295. Something to revisit;

Referencing again the accessibility issue noted previously, wikipedia page is not accessible.
It would be better if the link were incorporated into the sentence itself.
Maybe something like
<a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Feynman" target="_blank">More information about Dr R Feynman</a> can be found on his wikipedia page.

Thank you for the feedback and apologies for making a duplicate topic on the forum. Wasn’t sure how some of the things worked on here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.