Tribute Page - Feedback!

Hi, i would like to you to take a look on my very first proyect:

Please let me know what you think, no regrets.

I have two problems to solve yet:

1. The element should responsively resize, relative to the width of its parent element, without exceeding its original size.
  2. The element should be centered within its parent element.

1: The element should responsively resize, relative to the width of its parent element, without exceeding its original size: wh
2. The element should be centered within its parent element:
Which one of the several elements do you mean? You have over 20 there

Is it spelled: font-famil and min-widht??

The picture on the left, that says in it’s figcaption “Imagen de Gustavo Cerati”

from line 23 to line 26 in HTML

Hi. I think your tribute page looks pretty good. A lot going on. I like what you did with the header background. Aside from making the image responsively resize, I would suggest doing the same with the text. You have a lot of text on the page and when it resized (used Chrome Dev Tools) to mobile screen size, the text blows up outside of the containing border. Maybe add a media query for that and resize the text down a bit so that it fits better? Otherwise, like your page. Good tribute! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your page looks good @maxi1225 however, there are things you need to revisit;

• When a test fails click on the red button to see why the test is failing. It will show the test was looking for and how you can fix it.
  • Don’t use <br> to force spacing or line breaks. If you want more than one paragraph, then use multiple paragraph elements. If you want spacing, then use margin and/or padding in CSS.
    • As an aside, </br> isn’t a valid tag. No matter, don’t use it.
  • When using codepen anything you want to add to <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • The link to your font would go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
    • There are coding errors you need to address.
  • Don’t use in-line styling. Keep all your styling external.
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The one for HTML misses legit errors and throws false positives which is why I recommend W3C.
    • The one for CSS is good. Run it. You have spelling errors that affect how your page displays.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.
  • Your time line container does not scale correctly on smaller screens.

Thanks for your feedback!!! :+1:
I will touch the code to upgrade this things you mention.