Twitch.tv Api Streamer Project

Hi campers,

Twitch TV Api on Codepen

I got past a major hurdle for me on the project today by displaying the images of offline steamers. I got so frustrated trying to do that! It took me 2 weeks away from the project before I came back to it. I think I solved the problem of getting offline user images in kind of a hack-y way, but it’s working! Another thing is the list of offline users appears in a random order, could this be a race condition? Besides being weird, is that an issue?

All feedback welcome. Thanks :slight_smile:

I’m not sure why the order is not sorted. There seems to be more offline users than are in your following array?

The style could be improved. There is a lot of empty space on the right side and the text eventually wraps.
The Twitch image is not showing either.

Hi Johnny,

Thanks again for taking a look at my work. To respond to your points:

• The extra users you’re seeing are most recent freecodecamp followers, I’m calling them in the first api call. I could remove them if that makes more sense, but I figured having more users in the list would be a good thing.

• Are you viewing the project on a mobile device? I think the issues with the style you’re seeing are due to it being viewed on mobile. That’s no excuse, and I’ll go back and fix that.

Thanks again for the feedback. I’ll post it again once I’ve made those changes.

1 Like

I am viewing in the browser but changing to a narrow view.

I think I fixed the responsiveness issues I was having. Check it out and let me know if you see anything else that could use improvement.

Responsiveness works much better now. :+1:

1 Like