Unable to access previous work

Hi, I am not able to access previous progress or my previous work. It refreshes always and there seems to be a reoccurring problem with my entire work not being saved.

Every time I submit and go to another section, I am unable to go back to review my work or comments to assist me in my future problems.

Welcome yellowdice.

There are two different types of saved progress for Free Code Camp: your profile and your browser cache.

A list of your completed challenges is saved to your account in the FCC database. You can see the list of completed challenges by looking at your public portfolio. With a growing curriculum already over 1,400 lessons and a community of millions of people, FCC does not store every solution to every challenge in its database. When you complete a challenge, there is a modal that gives you the option to download your solution. This gives you the option to save a copy of any solution that you may want to reference later. There are some challenges which are classified as projects required for certifications. Your solutions to those can be viewed on your settings page.

Your in-editor code is saved in your browser’s local storage. Recent in-progress code from the challenge editor is also saved in your local browser cache when you run tests. If you are completing lessons and do not see your recent code, then your local storage has been cleared or something is preventing FCC from writing to your browser’s storage. This could be a browser setting, a privacy extension, or a browser version incompatibility. Especially as you get to more complicated challenges that may take multiple sessions, I strongly recommend saving your in-progress work outside of the browser cache.

This is a good opportunity to learn the ins and outs of your GitHub account, but you can also just save locally or use a service like repl.it which allows for versioning.

So, does this solve your query? Or, is even your progress not saved?

Hello. I’m also having this issue.

I completed most of the Responsive Web Design Certification section about a week ago.

After returning today it doesn’t show any progress (for example Basic HTML and HTML5 says “0/28”.

are you sure you were logged in while completing the challenges?
are you sure you logged in with the same account?

I’m not sure if “Reseting my Progress” has anything thing to do with this and I’m sure it doesn’t. But there are also bugs with the “Resetting” since sometimes the problems already contain the answers that I previously submitted. Therefore I always have to click “Reset the solution” or something to clear it before I solve the problem again.

I have also seen responses and forums about the FCC database and etc but I think it is simply a glitch or a bug that has yet to be resolved by FreeCodeCamp.

The browser I used is Google Chrome.

I’ll just work my way around this issue. Next time I will just solve the problems and save/download my answers. Thanks!

the solutions your submitted are saved in your browser cache, if you want them to not appear there anymore you need to clear your browser cache. This happens also if you ised the Reset progress button, it seems.
Do you think it is a bug? Please report it as such on the github repository:

Thank you for helping make FCC better. Bugs can be reported as GitHub Issues. Whenever reporting a bug, please check first that there isn’t already an issue for it and provide as much detail as possible.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.