Unable to reset all input fields with button click

Hi all,

I am trying to make a reset button clear all fields on my page. I have tried a few things which haven’t worked and I attach the latest version, which doesn’t work either.

Could someone point me in the right direction? Perhaps I need to wrap the whole thing in a form element and use the reset method?

The function code starts at line 100 in the script file…

3 Likes

Hello,
First I have to say that is an awesome app you have and secondly, it is not working properly because you are calling the function resetAll instead of passing it as a callback

resetButton.addEventListener("click", resetAll); // just remove the ()
4 Likes

In javascript the function is a callable object therefore can be passed around as value or invoked. For a event listener you want to pass it as value to be used later on as a call back. Is quite important to understand these two states of a function.

2 Likes

Thanks for your kind comments - they help a lot!

And thanks for the help with the code, I will take a look and see if I can fix it…

1 Like

thanks a lot.

ok it’s working now. I was very confused by this initially, but I think I (sort of) get it now.

For any other beginners reading, I think I was confused as I was thinking of the callback as a specific value for some reason, rather than a ‘dormant’ function waiting to be called (that’s how it makes sense to me anyway).

1 Like