Unable to test Tribute Page

Tell us what’s happening:
I coded my tribute page in codepen. After completing it, I reviewed how to test it, but I cannot get it to work. The instructions say, " You can build your project by forking [this CodePen pen] Or you can use this CDN link to run the tests in any environment you like (I’ve excluded the links as I’m only permitted one link per post. I have tried inserting my code into the codepen provided, but the tests remain as failing. I’ve put a link to my page if that helps. I’m quite lost. Not sure how to use the second option for testing either.

Your code so far
https://codepen.io/hapynd/pen/wvzJdBx?editors=1100

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_6) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/12.1.2 Safari/605.1.15.

Challenge: Build a Tribute Page

Link to the challenge:

Hi,

on the bottom right corner of codepen you can find a button/ link with “fork” on it. When you click it, you will be able to save your work on the upper part of the page. Maybe that will solve your problem?

1 Like

Hi,

me again, you also overwrote the script-element from freecodecamp that is in the codepen code. <script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script> this should be in the beginning of the html code of your codepen link.

1 Like

open the pen settings, in the JS section paste the given cdn link for the tests

now in your page you will have an hamburger menu, on the top left corner, expand it, select the project from the drop down menu, use “Run the tests”
button, and click on the number of passed tests to see which ones are failing (below the failed ones there is additional error message that is often useful)

This did the trick. Thank you!!

Hi, @hapynd.
where did you start your code pen?
if you start with sign up to the codepen site, start with freecode camp supported one.

I was able to get it to work with the advice of another poster, but thank you for explaining that to me. I’m glad to have a reference on how to use that for the future.

about how to use codepen, all your link elements are stuff to put in the head - in codepen if you open the settings there is a “stuff for the head” box where you can put them