Uncomment HTML stuck on answer submission

After I submit this as my code nothing happens. I’m assuming this was the wrong code but I’m stuck on this page with no idea to how I should proceed or to get the correct response.

Your code so far

<!--Hello World-->
<!--CatPhotoApp-->
<!--Hello Paragraph-->

Your browser information:

Your Browser User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 11_2_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/604.4.7 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/11.0 Mobile/15C202 Safari/604.1.

Link to the challenge:
https://www.freecodecamp.org/challenges/uncomment-html

You are not supposed to modify the original elements or there content. You are only supposed to remove the <!-- and --> so the code is no longer commented out.

I believe they want you to remove the comments entirely not adjust them to each line of text.

I see! I just made it way too complicated then :slight_smile: thanks!

Back again. I thought I followed the instructions but can’t get past this one. I’m stuck.

Your code so far

<!--Hello World-->
<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>
<!--Hello Paragraph-->

Your browser information:

Your Browser User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 11_2_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/604.4.7 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/11.0 Mobile/15C202 Safari/604.1.

Link to the challenge:

Look at the original code:

<!--
<h1>Hello World</h1>

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p>Hello Paragraph</p>
-->

You should see now what you need to do. (You can press the reset button to go back to the start.)

Thanks. My Q was merged with my original post above although this Q is related to the next Q as you all helped me get past the original Q.

This Q is asking to Comment out h1 & p and leave h2 visible - does your response still apply? If so, I’m stumped.

I apologize for not realizing the two were separate challenges. I reacted too quickly.

In the second challenge, you just need to surround html code sections you want to comment out with <!-- and --> Anything not surrounded by these tags will be uncommented.

Thanks Randell - Are you able to see my response above. Did I not apply this logic?

I appreciate your help!

Under the “Back again…” post

Although you technically commented out the first and third row successfully, the tests which run are still expecting to see the original element tags for the h1 and p elements. Just put those back in for the first and third lines and you should be able to pass the challenge.

It worked, thanks! I’m sure I’ll be back…

If you have a question about a different challenge, then definitely start a new post or use the Ask for help button on the challenge. Sorry about the confusion earlier on duplicate posts. You were fine and I made the wrong assumption.

Actually, I had done a separate message. I received a message that the post had been “merged” so somehow that happened?

I know, I should not have merged them in the first place. I have left them merged now, just to keep things organized. You did not wrong. It was my mistake.