var stUdLyCapVaR;
var properCamelCase;
var titleCaseOver;

// Assignments
var studlyCapVar = 10;
var properCamelCase = "A String";
var titleCaseOver = 9000;

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/72.0.3626.109 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/basic-javascript/understanding-case-sensitivity-in-variables

really sorry guys to bother you with this, it is quiet simple but have no idea what I have done wrong :(( it says " studlyCapVar should use camelCase in both declaration and assignment sections." which I believe I have done… please help

So in this assignment, it wants you to rewrite all the instances of the variable name in camelCase. However, in the declarations (the top half of the code) you didn’t write the first variable in camelCase.

var stUdLyCapVaR;
var properCamelCase;
var titleCaseOver;

Your first variable here is not in camelCase.

var studlyCapVar = 10;
var properCamelCase = “A String”;

Down here (in the assignment section) it is, though. So fix the top one to match the bottom one and you should pass.

thanks a lot for quick reply

but I think I already did that…

// Declarations

var stUdLyCapVaR;

var properCamelCase;

var titleCaseOver;

// Assignments

var studlyCapVar = 10;

that is what I have done so far still I do not see my mistake I am sorry :((

sorry the first one I just corrected to var studlyCapVar… still shows a mistake

thanks a lot for quick reply

but I think I already did that…

// Declarations

var stUdLyCapVaR;

var properCamelCase;

var titleCaseOver;

// Assignments

var studlyCapVar = 10;

that is what I have done so far still I do not see my mistake I am sorry :((

Check the bolded text. That is where your error is.

1 Like

found it :frowning: oh I feel so embarrassed… sorry to bother you with this and thanks a lot for help

Programming is like writing a book… except when you miss a single comma on page 126, the whole thing makes no sense.

1 Like

very well said thanks a lot for that

found it :frowning: oh I feel so embarrassed… sorry to bother you with this and thanks a lot for help

What ended up being the issue?

sorry for my late reply. it is so embarrassing but I will tell you.
I always think that these challenges are more difficult than they are so instead of just reading carefully I overthink the solution. I started changing numbers, digits etc totally no sense. and because of resetting challenge did not notice that “r” in " studlyCapVar" was written with capital letter… feel so stupid but well at least it was a good lesson that I need to read questions more carefully. thanks a lot for your assistance!

Don’t be so hard on yourself. We all are and we really need to just accept that we’re learning. Period.

D

well said. thanks a lot for that!