Understood recursion after four months away from the site

Hi there. I posted this in an old post and nobody saw it but I just wanted to share after all the effort some of my pals here like @JeremyLT @jwilkins.oboe and @ilenia I finally came back to continue studying after understanding recursion thanks to a video called Recursion, recursion, recursion Quincy Larson posted in the mail that gets sent to us periodically.
I want to encourage those who still don’t understand recursion to watch it.
I thought this was it for me here and had decided to drop out…so alien was to me this subject. And I couldn’t understand it no matter how well taught it was until I saw this video.
I could solve the last challenge on my own and go ahead studying thanks to the video.
So I want to thank those who backed me up in time but couldn’t change my mind after not coming here, so unscrutable was recursion to me.
I hope this helps.

1 Like

to understand recursion you must first understand recursion

1 Like

@DavidMatthewFraser That’s the trick, isn’t it?

just a bit of cs humor :wink:

1 Like

I know, I know…I wanted to be funny but first I had to be funny hehe

1 Like

Nice work! Recursion is one of those sticky topics that really takes while to get the hang of. The idea of the function as a thing that you can call from inside of itself is hard.

1 Like

@JeremyLT Indeed! I have little time to practice right now, but I’m gonna redo the challenges with functions using recursion as soon as I can.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.