Unordered list please assist

Hi! Everyone I m busy with unordered list but now m stuck with a statement that keeps telling me my ul element must have closing tag , everything seems fine I have tried everything please help I need to do the next step

Your code so far

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>
<main>
 <p>Click here to view more <a href="#">cat photos</a>.</p>
<ul>

<ul>
   <li>milk</li>
   <li>chees</li>
   <li>coding</li>
<ul>   

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
 <p>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>
</main>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/87.0.4280.141 Safari/537.36 Edg/87.0.664.75.

Challenge: Create a Bulleted Unordered List

Link to the challenge:

you know that in the li tags they are inside the ul and almost all the tags have a closing com </ in the last ul put before writing ul put /

Also you need to delete this extra ul tag

1 Like

This is the ordered list please advice me

<ul>
         <li>milk</li>
         <li>chees</li>
         <li>coding</li>
 <ul>
1 Like

This is not a valid end tag

This is a valid end tag

Your ul tag needs to be a valid end tag.

1 Like

first you have a syntax error,

in the closing ul tag you should end with a backslash. in closing tags we add a /. backslash. so you should write the ending tag of ul like this –

<ul>
         <li>milk</li>
         <li>chees</li>
         <li>coding</li>
 </ul> <!--here put a backslash, 
all ending tags in html have a backslash -->

some of the tags in html are self closing tags like hr(make a horizontal line with it) tag and the br(add a line break) tag.

But here, the ul tag needs a backslash so you just need to add a backslash in the ending ul tag

Thank you.

1 Like