UptimeRobot for repl.it (python discord bot tutorial)

Hi there, I was following Beau’s discord bot tutorial (Python Discord Bot Tutorial – Code a Discord Bot And Host it for Free) and am getting a little stuck with the Uptime Robot to keep the server going - wondering if someone here can help me understand what’s happening with it.

I set up a basic monitor according to the instructions, and I am wondering if something changed on that service’s end in the intervening time since the tutorial was posted a couple years ago. Service says my monitor is up and running and has been for a day, but it doesn’t seem to quite do its job because after the hour has passed I still need to manually reopen the repl URL to “reactivate the server” (sorry if my verbiage on that isn’t accurate but hopefully you understand what I am saying).

Any help getting this up and running would be much appreciated, thanks.

UPDATE: Interestingly, it seems to be working now for no reason obvious to me… I don’t think I did anything - going to keep an eye on it for the next day or so and see how it goes I guess. Will update with results.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.