Use Attribute Selectors to Style Elements

I’m working thru the beta curriculum and stuck on this exercise: https://beta.freecodecamp.org/en/challenges/basic-css/use-attribute-selectors-to-style-elements

Can someone provide some insight as to what I’m doing wrong? I thought I needed to add my code between style tags but that does not seem to be working. I tried adding code elsewhere but keep getting error messages. Maybe there is a bug?

Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 5.05.35 PM

What does the failing test say? Please include your actual code instead of a screenshot.

You probably missed attribute name, try it like [type="checkbox"].

Anyways this is just my guessing, we cannot know where is the problem if you don’t include your code too.

From your withdrawn picture i see that you forgot to put input before [type="checkbox"]. So finally it should look like this input[type="checkbox"].

[type="checkbox"] will work on its own, without input. However, one of the margins in the image is incorrect (10 instead of 15), so the test will not pass.

Hi guys, I’m also having issues with this exercise.

Shouldn’t this be correct:
[type=‘checkbox’] {margin: 10px 0px 15px 0px;}

Plus: Where am I putting this? Between the <style … /style>-things or just by itself???

Please help, I really don’t get it!
Thank you so much!

Check your quotes, you should be using single '' or double "". And yes the selector goes inside the style block.

Note: I can never tell if the text posted is really the problem or if it’s the forum doing something, but it passes the test if you use the correct quotes (either single or double).

Ah perfect, now it worked! Thank you!!! :smiley::smiley::smiley: