User story #10 and user story # 13

Hi guys! so I’m currently doing a Technical Documentation page and this is what i’m currently at

I’m currently stuck at user story 10 and 13 and i cannot figure out why that is. could someone help me with this? thanks!

@Sherif123, when a test fails click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.

• Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.

I think you have solved the problem, but I suggest you to use the text align property to align everything along the center : )

i’ve tried figuring out by reading the other lines but I still cannot figure out what’s wrong.

But it still shows the errors in user story 10 and 13, I have no idea why that is. Can’t seem to figure it out

Let me see, give me a moment

What part don’t you understand? The first error message says

Additionally, the navbar should contain link (<a>) elements with the class of "nav-link". There should be one for every element with the class "main-section".
There should be one .nav-link for every element with the class of "main-section", and every .nav-link should be within #navbar : expected 6 to equal 5
AssertionError: There should be one .nav-link for every element with the class of "main-section", and every .nav-link should be within #navbar : expected 6 to equal 5

Count how many nav-links you have and then count how many .main-sections you have.
Reading the second and third lines tells you that.

ohhhhhh wow it was literally right there :rofl: i appreciate the help. I’m gonna try to figure out user story 13 now if I can’t figure it out i’ll come back :smiley: thanks so much!

1 Like

Glad to be of some help. Like I said, it’s a skill you’ll need to learn.

Hello there, you don’t have any closing tags in your code, also you don’t need a document declaration when using codepen, last but not least, the code tags are supposed to wrap around actual code. Not just text

Oh! I realized that I had more than one href element like Roma pointed out but for the user story 13, It was a little mistake as capitalizing a letter because it was lower case :rofl;

1 Like

Glad you figured it out!!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.