Validator.w3.org

I am so confused and frustrated now. I was revisiting my first completed project (tribute page) and I have it on git. I watched the video on HTML/CSS from freecodecamp the most recent one to help me in areas I felt I was struggling with. I learned about using the Validator.w3.org site to check your code. Now that I am using that it shows me so many errors! This is confusing because this was a completed project that already passed the validation test on freecodecamp, why do I have so many errors now when using Validator.w3.org? To give more details this project was done in codepen, then I copied and pasted to Visual Studio Code so the project can be on github. I am using github the deployment page url for the Validator.w3.org to see the errors. Some things that was asked in the user stories are incorrect to do according to the validator. Now I feel like I don’t know or understand anything.

Sorry to hear that you’re seeing so many issues in the code. If you can provide some sort of link to the code and/or provide some sampling of the errors found that would be an interesting place to start this discussion.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.