Value attribute in Survey Project

Tell us what’s happening:

Hi,

on Survey project, I got 16/17, it keeps telling me " 14. Inside the form element, I can select several fields from a series of checkboxes, each of which must have a value attribute." while each input has its own value. I am confused where is the mistake???

Thank you for you support.

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.122 Safari/537.36 Edg/81.0.416.64.

Challenge: Build a Survey Form

Link to the challenge:

Hi @i-tech,

It looks like you have 3 radio buttons in your form, but no checkboxes. The test is checking for at least 2 checkboxes, and I believe that is why it is failing.

You can add checkboxes in the same way as you have radio buttons, something like this:

<input type="checkbox" id="vehicle1" name="vehicle1" value="Bike">

For the type attribute, you just use “checkbox” instead of “radio” like you have for the gender select in your form.

You can also read more about them here: https://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_input_type_checkbox.asp

Your form looks great by the way!

Good luck & happy coding :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much Jong649. I thought “checkbox” is a “checkbox” , I mean I was thinking grammatically of the word “checkbox” because radio do the same task. Anyway, thank you for your support.

1 Like

You’re welcome! I’m glad that worked :slight_smile:

Your line of thinking makes sense since they both select an option. The difference is that more than one checkbox can be selected at once, while radio will only allow for one item to be selected.

Happy coding!

1 Like