Weather app with search feature for review

Weather app with search feature for review

Hi there, here is a link to my project. I’ve also included a search feature to make it more usable.

The geolocation works when the html file is viewed in Firefox. Geolocation doesn’t seem to work in Codepen though, or Chrome, I think it’s something to do with https and security. If anyone has any pointers on how to get around this I’d love to hear.

I’ve enjoyed this project although it was a lot to get my head around to start with.

I’d love to hear your feedback.

I get something (the location’s a bit off though). It’s weird that it’s not asking for permission to get my location.

I tried switching to HTTPS. It did ask for permission then nothing else happened.

I developed this project in sublime and copied it into Codepen when I’d finished.

When I opened the sublime file in Firefox it asked for my location then displayed the correct information as expected, however when opened in Chrome or Safari it didn’t ask for my location. The search feature works in all browsers though.

I had read that due to security issues Chrome and Safari don’t allow geolocation to work unless the webpage is hosted on a secure server.

I’d be interested to see if anyone else had this issue and how they overcame it.

Thanks for your feedback

My weather app is on GitHub pages. So far it only fails on some phone browsers (like mine; it asks for location, then nothing).