Website in one day?

Hello Campers

on Fiverr, I find freelancers who have gigs that offer full wordpress website in one day.

I wonder how they could?

Could you please tell me how?
and many thanks in advance.

1 Like

maybe they have a few templates to which they can do minor adjustments to adapt them to the request, and just do it in a few hours

4 Likes

Installing WordPress and any plugins you need takes seconds once you install wp-cli. The rest like @ilenia said is just a matter of customization. Don’t look for in-depth work on Fiverr. Or quality for that matter.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the reply.

that means clients accept premade templates with just customization?

and how long does it take to build a wordpress theme from scratch?

why clients accept premade templates with just customization?

and how long does it take to build a wordpress theme from scratch?

There is a lot of information on Youtube. People buying/reviewing Fiverr websites (WordPress) and building them quickly:

1 Like

Any job can be done in a fast method.
They don’t last.

1 Like

yeah i used to work on wordpress websites while i was in marketing.

there are a lot of attractive looking themes that are easy to build via a sitebuilder plugin/extension where you basically have a gui for box model elements (divs, text, special formatting via options, etc).

it is very possible to build a nice looking website with contact, and signup functionality in a single day. i’d say after a single week of working with a theme, someone could possibly start offering to make websites for people.

note that though these websites look fantastic (they do… i’ve worked with a lot of cool themes)… the functionality would be limited to a basic info/portfolio website without any real databased functionality (you wouldn’t use a wordpress website for this anyway… it’s too bulky and heavy).

hope that helps.

1 Like

Yeah. Just like buying the same clothes as thousands of other people. Maybe they don’t know nor care about templates as long as the site does what they want and looks how they want. If they didn’t use Fiverr, there are those site-builder websites with drag-and-drop designs.

If you can template your work, you can churn out much more than true bespoke work, that’s where you’re going to make more money, as you spend a lot of time the first time, and then repeat, repeat, repeat. The thing with sites like Fiverr that encourage the lowest price, you probably won’t get much respect from the client, but they may still demand 2,000-dollar service and quality.

2 Likes

Thanks for the video. I have heard wordpress as CMS is very easy and about 20% use it.
I have heard also that developing a wordpress theme is not easy and needs a lot of effort.

how much they earn to do this job? and where are such jobs?
could you please give a link to a gig or job such that?

and many thanks in advance

thanks so much for the reply. yes people differ. they may prefer something others do not prefer.

Wordpress CMS designers/developer roles come in 2 flavors usually:

1. Content and page editing — no backend coding necessary as you would just use the site editor to build pages and customize content.

2. Actual developers who need to write up PHP logic, and possibly add databased functionality to the WP themes — this requires BACKEND/FULL STACK knowledge.

I bring this up because you need to look for flavor #1.

Look for the designer/developer roles that do not have PHP, AJAX, API, or BACKEND in the description.

Most recruiters will not know the difference.

Note that these roles fall into entry-mid level digital marketing categories, not engineering. Can’t comment on pay, but most likely less than entry level engineers depending on the role.