What am I doing wrong here? Step 55 of the new Web design course

<label for="Loving"><input id="loving" type="checkbox"> Loving</label>

I keep getting this message:

Test

Sorry, your code does not pass. You’re getting there.

Hint

The text Loving should no longer be located directly to the right of your checkbox. It should be wrapped in a label element. Make sure there is a space between the two elements

it’s always better to post “exercise link” as well, it gets easier for others to help!! try to do that from now on for better response!!

and from your posted “code” snippet, i can see label “for” attribute and “input” id does not match!! try fixing that and try again, thanks :slight_smile:

The for and id values does not match.

Okay gotcha. I’m still having issues. Heres the link:

if you have corrected that, then look out for that “space”, as it points out in “hints”, in between “input” and “label” element

Yeah I tried that and I’m still having issues. I dont know what else I’m doing wrong.

Im stuck here with you step 55. nothing is working for me

Hi @Dave1984 !

Can you post your new code so we can assist you?

Hi @Therealmariachi !

If you need help with a challenge, it is best to open up your own topic with your code and challenge link so people can assist you there.

Thanks!

<label for="loving"><input id="loving" type="checkbox"> loving</label>

Well thats the code I wrote out but its saying is wrong. I dont know how to link my whole page to you so you can see it? I’m new to the forums and still playing around with it.

I agree. It looks right to me. Don’t know what else is missing.

its wrong!!

fix these:

• space should be in between “html elements” as in, “<input> <label>”

• “<label>” should be after “<input>” not before

This works!

solution redacted by moderator

Hi @woodysmasher !
Welcome to the forum!

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

Yeah i think I’m done with FCC. For the life of me I dont know what im doing wrong. I think ill go back to Udemy and Youtube turorials and just follow the track here.

Hi @Dave1984 ,

Please don’t and give it one more shot.
If you find the new course a lit bit challenging then go back to the Legacy Responsive Web Design. As it explains a little bit before asking you to do whatever it is.
I think that with the new course you need a bit of research before getting the right solution.

Please don’t be hard on yourself and just be patient. You will find this stuff a lot easier as you get used to it, trust me. We’ve all been there.

1 Like

Thanks I think I’ll just stick to the legacy since it explains things a little more and do Udemy or YouTube on the side.
I was only doing the new updated web design course because someone mentioned that it had more content than the original.

1 Like

You have <input …> inside the element.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.