What am i doing wrong, passing 3/4 tests

function functionWithArgs(param1, param2) {

console.log(param1 + param2)

}

functionWithArgs("1","2");

functionWithArgs("4","4");

They don’t explain enough, what is a console? I hate Javascript!

this will help you to understand
1 Like

thanks. I see an edit. I don’t even understand the edit. Maybe I should quit for the day.

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

Please use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks are not single quotes.

markdown_Forums

so you edited a beginners post over a technicality but didn’t help at all with the actual solution?

I edited the post so that it was easier for others to read and help.

I understand now, thank you.

1 Like

Which test is failing? Can you provide a link to the challenge?

The last test
: call functionWithArgs with two numbers after you define it.

Ahha, you are calling the function with strings instead of numbers.

// Strings
console.log("1" + "2");

// Numbers
console.log(1 + 2);

Take a look at the difference between these two outputs.

OMG! face palm

Thank you soo much! lol

1 Like

I’m happy to help. Little oopes are how we all learn.

1 Like

I had trouble with this challenge as well. Don’t be afraid to get hints or watch the videos. They help.

However, even though the hints and videos are useful, after completing 72/100 of the basic JavaScript lessons, I’ve concluded that the material is not sinking very well for me. I have holes in my knowledge that are not filled with the challenges. I also didn’t know what console.log() was until I googled, for example. I’m sure there’s tons of other things that I don’t know I don’t know, if you know what I mean :slight_smile:

I still want to do fCC, but I’ve decided to supplement it with JavaScript Essential Training with Morton Rand Hendrickson. This is a 5.5 hour course on video. It has good on-line reviews, and it’s available on Lynda.com (now LinkedIn Learning) for free from my local public library. Maybe something like that is something you can look into as well. There’s lots of Udemy courses people recommend for not too much money as well.

The linkedin videos are helpful!

So If i eventually want to build apps Java is better for me.

1 Like

It depends on what sort of apps. You can build apps out of JavaScript as well as Java. I’d just stick with learning one language for now and then learn more as you go along : )

1 Like