What are my chanes to get a job?

Hi everyone,
My name is Derrick, I’m 29 years old from Malaysia. Having no experience in IT and degree, could i get a job in my country with only FCC courses or do i have a chanes to work as freelaner or work remotely …

Sorry if its a stupid question and my poor english. I wish i could have some advice and tips.

Thanks you for your attention

Hi @Derrick0117

Your question is not stupid at all, and your English is just fine! It’s great that you’re exploring opportunities in IT. While having a degree can be beneficial, it’s not the only path into the field. Here are some suggestions and tips:

1. Build a Strong Portfolio - focus on building a portfolio showcasing your skills. Create projects that demonstrate your understanding of key concepts and practical applications.
  2. Explore freelancing platforms like Upwork, Freelancer, or Fiverr.
  3. Apart from FCC, consider exploring other online learning platforms like Coursera, Udacity, or LinkedIn Learning. Diversifying your skills through different courses can enhance your marketability.
  4. Gain Certifications - Look into industry-recognized certifications that align with your interests
  5. Consider internships or volunteer opportunities to gain practical experience. Even unpaid roles can provide valuable insights and help you build a network within the industry.
2 Likes