What is the strangest/funniest/coolest app you've ever built?

Love your quote generator.

THese are silly, but here is a hacker’s resume padder job description generator:

And here is a marathon training plan recommender

1 Like

Thanks so much! It was fun to make. :slight_smile:

The first real program I wrote was a sudoku solver/generator when I was 16-17 years old. It was the first time having to learn about algorithms and trying to make my code faster than just brute forcing.

I have tested this against many of the fastest sudoku solvers and hardest problems and have yet to find one that can beat it.

code: https://github.com/UziTech/SudokuPlayer
exe: https://github.com/UziTech/SudokuPlayer/releases/download/1.0/Sudoku.exe

2 Likes

Pokemon GO Calculator

Yep that’s what I made during the Pokemon hype. I am wondering if I should submit it as my calculator project for free code camp. I like to always add my own spin or twist on the projects.

2 Likes

A Life In Weeks

This is one of the first things I ever made, before I started Free Code Camp. You put in your birthday and life expectancy, and it spits out a chart showing each week you’ve lived as a filled in block, and each week you have yet to live as an empty block. It was inspired by a blog post on the fantastic Wait But Why.

2 Likes

Nicely done.

The orientation of your graph is kind of unexpected. It may have a different emotional impact if rotated; for instance, a rotation of -90 degrees may lend to a more “optimistic” interpretation.

There was a guy asking for help how to make a tool that downloaded YouTube videos and converted them to mp3s in one of the chat rooms!
Useful but probably not legal.
I told him to **** off but no idea if he has been banned!

1 Like

The strangest app… hmm…
An very old style command prompt game, but the game itself goes nowhere. LOL

The best I am doing now. Is building an app with all my references on it. Will probably take a heck a lot of time to accomplish, but oh well. It’ll make my life easier in the end. :smiley:

Isn’t there plugins in web browser that does that. XD

Amazing how incapable some are of performing a simple search.

You need to read YouTube’s T&Cs.

Please enlighten us of these plugins. I am not familiar with them.