Why isn't this working? I need help

Hello everyone…
Alright I tried completing the “scientific computing with python” beginner course and afterwards decided to complete the different projects under it…
I tried the ‘arithmetic calculator’ project and to be honest, using VScode, I took 4 days to finally wrap things up ; which is a little too much for such a small project
I know my coding skills aren’t the best for now but at least I’m trying everyday…
Being proud of myself after completing the challenge ,I decided to run my code on the replit starter code editor only to find out that I’m being thrown multiple errors…
Well, I’m not the type to give up so easily and I really want to finish this challenging project…
Here’s the link to my code (https://replit.com/@97598311FC/boilerplate-arithmetic-formatter-5#arithmetic_arranger.py)… I would really appreciate if someone can check out my code and put me through…
I need help!

Some errors are straightforward:

-   858     1028
+   858     1028    
?               ++++
- four digits.
?            -
+ four digits

You just got some trailing spaces in the one and missing a punctuation in the other.

The big thing is how in several tasks you return nothing. And I wondered how that could happen, until I noticed the last check in your code. For whatever reason you return a single space if the boolean is false?

Pls explain further… I still seem not to understand what you’re trying to point out to me
What do you mean by ‘trailing spaces’ and ‘punctuations’?

Red is the expected output, green is your output and the ? marks the differences.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.