Why on this and Why on that?

Why on this and Why on that?

I think freeCodeCamp can do a better job at letting us know why on certain problem’s ! Why you would put this here or why you would use this ! Instead of them expecting us to know certain thing when we are learning how to do the programming language it doesn’t make sense ? If I had to grade them On that I would give them an F on it …

Since you have given no specifics or examples, I am not sure what use this post is going to serve.

Comparisons with the Logical Or Operator

Combine the two if statements into one statement which returns “Outside” if val is not between 10 and 20, inclusive. Otherwise, return “Inside”.

changing: if (num > 10) {
return “No”;
}
if (num < 5) {
return “No”;
}
return “Yes”;

example: if (num > 10 || num < 5) {
return “No”;
}
return “Yes”;

answer: if ((val >= 10 || val == 10) && val <= 20) {
return “Inside”;
}
return “Outside”;
}

Nothing in the wording said to use both logical || and && it took hour’s to figure out …

Nothing in the instructions or examples show using the && operator, because the challenge is meant to be be solved with only one || operator. The example shows you exactly how to do it (using different numbers of course). You will also notice the code section has comments like:

// Only change code above this line
return "Inside";

The above means, you should not change the return “Inside”; line.

function testLogicalOr(val) {
  // Only change code below this line

if (val < 10 || val > 20) {
    return "Outside";
  }

// Only change code above this line
  return "Inside";
}

I Did that and 0 and 9 would not take for some reason ?

When I run the solution I posted above, it works fine for 0 and 9. You might need to double check your code for a typo. If you copy/paste the solution I provided above, it should work. If not, you may need to refresh your page and try to the run the tests again.